Basestation (Basestation Properties Limited) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights.
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
We collect personal information from you, including your:
- business name (if applicable)
- contact information
- computer or network details
- interactions with us
- billing or purchase details
We collect your personal information in order:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- promote you and your business within our building and on our website, on an opt-in basis.
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products in order to ensure that they are able to support the products and services that you use.
- a credit reference agency in order to credit check you
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information in order to comply with regulatory authorities
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law in order to comply with applicable laws
- any other person authorised by you
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter your full name, business or billing information, email and a phone contact number, we will be unable to provide products and services to you.
We keep your information safe by storing it in a secure database and only allowing authorised people to access it .
We keep your information for one year after you cease using our products and services, at which point we securely destroy it by deleting your information from our digital systems and any other location it was used (eg signage).
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us.